Saturday, April 29, 2017

.the coathangers @ ortlieb's

Awful pic I know!
I was surprised The Coathangers played Ortlieb's. It's such a tiny venue and last summer they played the smaller area of Underground Arts (which is still larger than Ortlieb's). Arriving at the show kind of late there was really no room to stand inside of that tiny room. I've seen Louie Louie twice now and the Renegades (?) were not my cup of tea but nearing the end of their set. My friends were brave and got front row spots. There was no possible way to push through in order to reach them. If there's anything I learned about Ortlieb's it's no air and one panel fan blowing. Talk about being overheated! With PJ Harvey the next two days in a row it was best to hang back and not risk passing the eff out. Some people in the crowd were really obnoxious. Rusty and Julia made an announcement to be cool because the girls up front were practically face plowed into the monitor by overly-obnoxious guys. That said things began to get better and obnoxious guy moved to the back. He kept head butting people which was super annoying. The set went by pretty quickly. Jealous because this is the second time Julia got in my friend's face with the mic for Squeeki Tiki! Lucky. On my way out one of the fans complimented my Coathangers tee I bought back in July from when I last saw them. Hopefully next time they tour it's at a bigger venue. As always my friend nabbed the set list. It came out blurry so if you can read it, be my guest!

No comments:

Post a Comment