Monday, April 17, 2017

.diet cig @ boot and saddle

Alex with her cosmic guitar!
So much to update on I'm falling behind! I saw Diet Cig a while back. To find parking right near Boot & Saddle was amazing in itself. The opening bands were Hello Shark (caught the last 2 songs in the set) and Daddy Issues (in October I arrived late to Tacocat so I didn't see all of their set). I felt bad. The bassist had so many issues with her amp but it was finally fixed. I really enjoyed their set and hope to see them again soon.

Diet Cig I knew nothing about and went into cold. I really loved what I saw! Alex is the cutest and kicked her legs to the side jumping around like an excited jelly bean on the tiny stage. Towards the end of the set her and Daddy Issues covered Yellowcard's "Ocean Avenue." Diet Cig is coming back in May to promote their new album, I already bought my ticket and anticipate their return. The merch was so enticing I pretty much bought everything! They have pins (mine is pink with a cute cactus), cassettes, vinyl, and tees. I also have the set list in possession so (FINALLY A SET LIST!)....

Setlist:
BLOB
TUMMY
SLEEPTALK
BREATHLESS
SCENE SICK
MOTM
POOL BOYZ
16
LEO
DINNER
LINK
BATH
BARFDAY

Encore:
OCEAN AVE
HARVARD

My friend informed me Pitchfork reviewed their album and gave it a 5? I'm sorry but these songs completely encompass the way we feel in our late teens and early 20s. Whatever! Keep doing your thing Diet Cig.




No comments:

Post a Comment