Monday, April 17, 2017

.sallie ford @ johnny brenda's

My friend convinced me to come see Sallie Ford. I was bummed because Colleen Green was playing the same night which I realized the day before this show. However my mind changed after seeing SF's performance that I would've missed out on such a fun, good-spirited show. I listened to some songs off her new album beforehand. They were okay but I didn't look into her previous discography. I came to the conclusion I like her older songs. They have a rockabilly edginess to them that make you want to get up and dance. And that's exactly what the crowd did! You would've thought we were at a bar for swing dancing. People were doing the twist and huddled around one another just having a blast!

The openers were Haunted Homes and Molly Burch, both I am unfamiliar with. Haunted Homes had these Halloween-ish masks on with sharp teeth. They were interesting to watch. I loved how they projected black and white images in the background of scary movies. Sadly my Iphone did not do a great job of capturing this. Molly Burch was really something and hit those high notes. I think the band is from Texas. 


Molly Burch is fabulous

Haunted Homes...spooky scary!

Towards the end of the show I captured two of my favorite shots, the band playing side-by-side and Sallie just collapsed on the floor playing her guitar. 


Wake up Sallie! ;)

Her socks say, "Cats! Cats! Cats!"


Set list:
GET OUT
NEVER
ROM CAST
SCREW UP
RECORD
GIMME <3
SHIVERS
HURTS
FAILURE
MIDDLE
DANGER
CAGE
I SWEAR
THEY TOLD
LOVELINESS
PARTY

No comments:

Post a Comment