Monday, April 17, 2017

.jenny owen youngs @ the milkboy

Almost a year later and I'm back at The Milkboy for a show! Pins and Skinny Lister seemed forever ago. This time I would return for Jenny Owen Youngs. In 2006 (?) I saw her open for Regina Spektor at the TLA. I remember her witty banter and really fun covers of songs like "Hot in Here" along with her knack of storytelling, strumming along to her guitar. This time around was no different. You don't go to see JOY just for the songs, you go for the banter as well! She talked about her podcast with her wife about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Apparently the two watch an episode and recap it via podcast. How incredibly dorky and cute! 

The opener was Tancred who performed solo. My friend told me I need to listen to her music with her full-on band. The songs are so different and fast-paced. Hopefully I'll see another concert at The Milkboy to round out my 2 from last year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment