Saturday, April 29, 2017

.pj harvey @ the fillmore

And there she is again
Barely getting any sleep, to put a damper on things my train was delayed almost an hour getting back home from New York! Felt like I was waiting at Penn Station forever. I literally drove home from Hamilton Station, bought 2 donuts and an iced tea from DD, showered, and slept until it was time to go to The Fillmore. A concert friend from Virginia was driving up and was kind enough to hold me a spot in line. She was second in line and got to the venue around 3:00. I didn't get to the Fillmore until closer to 6:30-ish where I met up with my other friends too. It was nice having a group of people at this one. Inside they always have two lines of people by the doors entering the actual room where the stage is. We nabbed front spots towards the center. Perfection. Polly was literally in front of us all night. 

This time I tried to get a video of the entire band but it wouldn't come out that great when uploading it on Instagram. Since all the band members are in different positions on the stage, some of their heads got cut off in the video edit. Bummer. The fans in the audience were so great though. The one woman near us said this was her first time seeing Peej,that she's been a fan for twenty some years. I love when people see her for the first time. It makes me happy. 

As for the set list, it was pretty much the same. As for the encore I felt we got the better songs of "Highway '61" (yaaaas Rid of Me!) and "The Last Living Rose" (which always chokes me up). The concert went by so quickly but again stellar performances. A shout out to Terry Edwards on sax. That dude is killer. There was a moment where Polly and others started laughing on stage playing their instruments as he was wailing away. And playing two saxophones at one time? That is some hardcore Tori Amos playing two pianos shit! You go Terry!

SET LIST:
CHAIN OF KEYS
MINISTRY OF DEFENSE
COMMUNITY OF HOPE
ORANGE MONKEY
A LINE IN THE SAND
LET ENGLAND SHAKE
THE WORDS THAT MAKETH MURDER
THE GLORIOUS LAND
MEDICINALS
WHEN UNDER ETHER
DOLLAR DOLLAR
THE DEVIL
THE WHEEL
THE MINISTRY OF SOCIAL AFFAIRS
50FT QUEENIE
DOWN BY THE WATER
TO BRING YOU MY LOVE
RIVER ANACOSTIA
---------------------
HIGHWAY '61 REVISITED
THE LAST LIVING ROSE

After the show we got to hang around since we had backstage wristbands. I saw Mick Harvey but he was talking to Kurt Vile most of the time. I wanted to ask him about his cat haha! Then Kenrick came out and he was super nice and polite. As much as we were excited to talk to him and ask him questions about the album and Polly he really wanted to know a lot about us! Asked us where we were all from, if we played any instruments (I claimed my Fender is collecting dust for 2 years in the corner of my room, he laughed). I told him I liked the picture of him and Nick Cave on Instagram and told him I will see Nick Cave in June. We asked about the process of making HD6P and he told us some interesting facts about Polly. The first word he used to describe her was "extremely creative" and how she changes up the songs when they play them live compared to the album. I also found it interesting that she felt isolated from the rest of the band since she's up front and wanted to have points where she was in the background jamming out with them. Kenrick mentioned the band did not have downtime to explore Philly because we talked about all the interesting places around the venue the band could seek out (they would've loved the Barcade!). Before Kenrick left I said I might see the band one last time in Central Park and he gave me a look like "Maybe? You better come!" He was so nice he gladly obliged to get in a picture with all of us. All of my friends were ranting and raving how amazing the experience was. Best night ever! 





No comments:

Post a Comment