Friday, June 30, 2017

diet cig (again!) @ philamoca

Diet Cig invites Wolfpack on stage
This is the second time I saw Diet Cig in concert. It was a benefit show for the Girls Rock Camp in Philly which I"m all about! Since I arrived at the venue right on time, the floor was already packed. So, I ventured upstairs to grab a seat by the balcony. Little did I realize I was seated next to Alex's mom and siblings! The band that kicked off was called "Wolfpack" which consisted of four young ladies that looked no older than fifth or sixth graders; one singer, one drummer, one bass player, and one guitar player. They played a few songs and covered a Best Coast song. I could tell they were excited to be there but nervous at the same time. The second band that played was Sports. I saw them at Indie Pop Prom and really enjoyed their set, swearing next time they were around I'd buy their album (I did! A rad brown and pink half moon colored vinyl!). The lead singer sported a vintage Selena shirt and the band promoted their "shitty pens" with their band name on them, that you could take one from their table. Again they told the nun joke.

Finally Alex came on and again the smiley, jumpy jelly bean of songs kicked in. At the end of the set she hopped up onto the stacked amps and kicked her leg out. I always get nervous she will fall! Anyway it was fun seeing the two again and I'm sure they will return. Always a positive ray of sunshine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment