Saturday, July 1, 2017

girlpool @ union transfer

Dynamic duo of Girlpool
Third time's a charm seeing Girlpool. This time they played a much larger venue and had a back-up band which was an interesting addition to amplify their sound. Openers Lexie came out which was fronted by Greta Kline of Frankie Cosmos and Cleo played the drums. They were selling really cute home-made merch of pins and cards. Greta was so sweet and complimented my Girlpool shirt "Before the World was Big" at the merch stand. After Lexie was Hardly Art's Ian Sweet, a band I missed my chance of seeing in September of 2016. They were pretty good! I can't get over how tiny Jillian is though! 

Cleo and Harmony sounded even tighter this evening with the back-up band. They played so many old favorites (Emily, Before the World Was Big) but most off of the new album Powerplant. After the venue myself and some friends met Jillian and Cleo, it was amazing. I purchased the first Girlpool EP along with their new album. Cleo and Harmony signed their EP for me and signed other things as well for fans. Cleo was super nice and talked with a new concert friend we made outside of the venue. It was endearing. Definitely would go see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment